Confidence in company growth rises
SA CEOs plan to increase their headcount over the next 12 months
In PwC’s 20th annual survey of CEOs worldwide, 38% (2016:35%) are very confident about their company’s growth prospects in the next 12 months while 29% (2016:27%) believe global economic growth will pick up in 2017.
» Read more
Department of Justice and Constitutional Development
The justice and constitutional development department has confirmed that the Draft Cybercrime and Cybersecurity Bill will soon be tabled in parliament.
The proposed legislation aims to:
• create offences and prescribe penalties;
• further regulate jurisdiction in respect of cybercrimes;
• further regulate the powers to investigate, search and gain access to or seize items;
• further regulate aspects of international cooperation in respect of the investigation of cybercrime;
• provide for the establishment of a 24/7 point of contact;
• provide for the establishment of various structures to deal with cyber security;
• regulate the identification and declaration of National Critical Information Infrastructures and provide for measures to protect National Critical Information Infrastructures;
• further regulate aspects relating to evidence;
• impose obligations on electronic communications service providers and financial institutions regarding aspects which may impact on cybersecurity;
• provide that the President may enter into agreements with foreign states to promote cybersecurity;
• repeal and amend certain laws;
• and provide for matters connected therewith.
» Read more